During the formal manuscript proof review I noticed that I illustrated something inconsistently. In the commands I executed to create the sample project, I showed the commands being executed on my Windows box, but later added ios as a platform option to the code. I did this for demonstration purposes, that would not have worked (today) on Windows.

In order to do this accurately, I should have done the example on OS X and showed the appropriate output. My apologies.

The Cordova team is playing around with allowing you to manage projects with platforms that are not supported on the OS running the CLI, but I don't think that's been implemented yet.